Home
Basics
Vitamins
Minerals
Supplements
Herbs
Shopping Tips
Where To Buy
Vitamin News

 
 



Vitamin Overdose

The more vitamins the better is a saying that you will want to stay away from. When it comes to vitamins more is definitely not better. The fact of the matter is that you can suffer from a vitamin overdose if you do not watch what you are doing. Many people think that this sounds ridiculous, but it is actually the truth. Your body can only handle so many vitamins. If you take too many supplements in a short amount of time you can do your body a lot of harm. Luckily, this is something that you can avoid if you know even a little bit about how vitamins work.

What is a Vitamin Overdose?

Many people have no idea what a vitamin overdose consists of. Generally speaking, this is when you take too many vitamins in a short period of time. You may think that you need all of these in order to stay healthy, but actually you only need the recommended daily amount. Any more than that may be making you sicker than you already are. The majority of people who suffer a vitamin overdose do so when they take too many supplements at the same time. This is why it is very important that you consult with your doctor if you are going to start taking vitamin supplements. If you do not you may end up mixing too many supplements at the same time which can lead to health issues on your end.





Symptoms of a Vitamin Overdose

There are many symptoms that go along with a vitamin overdose. The difficult thing about picking up on these symptoms is that they are common with many other ailments as well. For instance, many of the symptoms of vitamin overdose have to do with your muscles and joints. This includes everything from muscle pain and weakness to joint and bone pain; of course this can also be common in people who have the flu. In addition, gastrointestinal symptoms may also appear if you have overdosed on vitamins. Things such as loss of appetite and stomach pain can occur.

As you can see a vitamin overdose is nothing to take lightly. If you feel that you may have overdosed on vitamin supplements it is a good idea to call poison control or see a doctor right away. You should never try to solve this problem on your own; you may just make it worse in the long run.



Copyright ©2011 VitaminPoints.Com, All rights reserved.